Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC

Call Us 630-LAWYERS | 630-529-9377

Se Habla EspaƱol

Chicago Lawyers for Immigration From Italy

DuPage County visa application lawyer for family-based and work-based immigration from Italy

Attorneys Assisting Italian Immigrants With Family-Based and Employment-Based Visas in Cook County

Italians make up one of the largest ethnic groups in the United States, and Italian immigrants and their descendants have a rich history in the city of Chicago. For more than 150 years, Italian Americans have been settling in the Chicago area, and there are now more than 500,000 people of Italian descent in Cook County and other nearby counties, including neighborhoods on the Near West Side and Near North Side and suburbs such as Highland Park, Chicago Heights, Elmwood Park, Berwyn, Oak Park, and Cicero. The city has a welcoming Italian culture that includes many restaurants, Catholic churches, and organizations that promote Italians' educational, professional, and social needs.

The Chicago area is a center of Italian immigration. Those who are planning to come to the United States will need to follow the correct procedures, and family members or employers in the U.S. may also need to take the right steps to sponsor immigrants from Italy. Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC can provide invaluable legal help during this process, including assisting with visa applications and adjustment of status.

Family-Based Immigration Visas for Italians

Family togetherness is incredibly important for many Italians, and those who currently live in the U.S. may want to help bring their loved ones to the country and pursue employment, education, and other opportunities. Different types of family-based visas are available depending on the types of family members who will be immigrating to the United States and the status of the person who is sponsoring their loved ones:

  • Immediate Relative (IR) visas are available for the spouse, unmarried minor children, or parents of U.S. citizens. These visas usually do not have a waiting period, and there is no limit on the number of visas issued.
  • Family Preference visas are available for more distant relatives of U.S. citizens, including adult children and brothers or sisters. Permanent residents of the United States who have a Green Card may also obtain these types of visas for their immediate family members. Only a certain number of family preference visas are issued each year, and a waiting period will usually apply.
  • Fiancé(e) (K) visas allow a U.S. citizen to bring their fiancé(e) to the United States for the purpose of getting married. The couple must be married within 90 days after the immigrant fiancé(e) enters the U.S., and the foreign spouse can then receive a Green Card.

Employment-Based Visas for Italian Employers and Workers From Italy

Italian immigrants who wish to work in the United States may receive different types of work-based visas depending on whether they will remain in the U.S. temporarily or become a permanent resident. In most cases, an employer will need to sponsor their employee for a visa and receive certification from the Department of Labor to show that employing a foreign worker will not negatively affect workers who are currently in the United States.

Nonimmigrant visas include H-1B visas for workers with certain specialties, as well as visas for seasonal workers or temporary employees, such as those who work in agriculture. These visas will typically allow an immigrant to stay in the United States for a limited number of years. Immigrant visas such as EB-2, EB-2 NIW, and EB-3 visas are available for workers who have advanced degrees and exceptional skills, as well as professionals, skilled workers, and certain types of unskilled workers. These visas will allow a person to live in the U.S. permanently.

Contact Our Illinois Immigration From Italy Attorneys

At Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC, we can help Italian families and employers address their immigration needs, and we can help you take the right steps to make sure a person can come to the United States. To set up a consultation and learn how we can help with visa applications or other immigration issues, contact us at 630-LAWYERS.

American Immigration Lawyers Association Chicago Bar Association National Employment Lawyers Association Illinois State Bar Association
Back to Top