Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC

Call Us 630-LAWYERS | 630-529-9377

Se Habla Español

Villa Park Family Based Immigration Lawyers

Elmhurst Family Based Immigration Lawyers

Immigration Attorneys for Marriage, Fiancé, and Relative Visas in Schaumburg and DuPage County

The immigration attorneys at Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC are dedicated to uniting families in the U.S. with loved ones abroad. Our firm's commitment to compassionate and professional legal services is what gets our clients results. We understand how anxious and excited families are when going through the immigration process. That is why we will not let any immigration case stall or stop providing you with services and guidance once your visa petition is underway. We will tenaciously pursue your case until you are once again with your loved one.

Immediate Relative Visas: For Close Family of U.S. Citizens

An immediate relative visa (IR) is a family immigrant visa that allows foreign family members of U.S. citizens to enter the country and apply for green cards, which would give them lawful permanent resident status. Relatives who would qualify for this type of visa include:

  • Spouses of U.S. citizens.
  • A U.S. citizen's unmarried children under 21 years of age.
  • The parent of a U.S. citizen who is 21 years or older.

K-Visas: For Foreign Fiancé(e)s and their Children

K nonimmigrant visas are for fiancés and spouses of U.S. citizens. K visas are nonimmigrant visas which allow certain foreign family members of U.S. citizens to enter the U.S. and remain in the country by adjusting status to permanent residents.

  • If you are a qualified K-3 nonimmigrant visa applicant and you have a child who is unmarried and is under the age of 21, your child may be eligible for a K-4 nonimmigrant visa.
  • If you are a U.S. citizen who has a foreign fiancé, you can petition for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa on his or her behalf and then apply for an adjustment of status after you marry your fiancé. This process can reduce the amount of time you are apart from your fiancé. The petition you will use is Form 1-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé.
  • The children of a U.S. citizen's foreign fiancé can enter and remain in the U.S. by applying for K-2 nonimmigrant visas. Once the children's foreign parent marries a U.S. citizen, the children are eligible for an adjustment of status. However, if the foreign fiancé and the U.S. citizen share children who are unmarried and are under the age of 21, the children are automatically eligible for an immediate relative visa. They do not have to wait for their parents to marry.

Family Preference Immigrant Visas: For Family Members of Green Card Holders and Distant Relatives of U.S. Citizens

Family members who do not qualify for an immediate relative immigrant visa may qualify for family preference immigrant visas. These types of visas are intended for distant family members of U.S. citizens and for some family members of green card holders (lawful permanent residents). This visa type is also different from immediate relative immigrant visas in that there is a limited number that are issued per year. The types of family relationships and relatives that would qualify for a family preference immigrant visa are divided into four categories:

  • Family First Preference (F1): unmarried sons and daughters (21 years of age and older) of U.S. citizens;
  • Family Second Preference (F2A): spouses and children (unmarried and under 21 years of age) of lawful permanent residents;
  • Family Second Preference (F2B): unmarried sons and daughters (21 years of age and older) of lawful permanent residents;
  • Family Third Preference (F3): married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens; and
  • Family Fourth Preference (F4): brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens (if the U.S. citizen is 21 years of age and older).

Experienced Family Immigration Attorneys in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

At Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC, we are dedicated to each and every immigration case that comes through our office. You can trust us to handle your visa petition with skill and determination. Do not wait any longer. Be reunited with your loved one today. To schedule a consultation, call 630-LAWYERS or contact us online. We serve clients in Villa Park, Schaumburg, Lombard, and throughout Illinois.

American Immigration Lawyers Association Chicago Bar Association National Employment Lawyers Association Illinois State Bar Association
Back to Top