Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC

Call Us 630-LAWYERS | 630-529-9377

Se Habla EspaƱol

DuPage County Temporary Work Visa Lawyers

DuPage County Temporary Work Visa Lawyers

Immigration Attorneys for H-1B Visas in Oak Brook, Downers Grove and Naperville

At Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC, our immigration attorneys are dedicated to helping individuals from across the globe realize their professional and career goals in the United States. Our firm aids in building business connections among the U.S. and other countries. Whether you are a professor, engineer, or surgeon, our immigration lawyers will work tirelessly to bring you to the U.S. to work in your chosen occupation.

H-1B Visas

H-1B visas are for foreign citizens who work in specialty occupations. A specialty occupation is defined by the following:

  • The entry level for that position usually requires a bachelor's degree or higher.
  • The degree requirement for the occupation is common or especially essential.
  • An employer within that occupation's industry usually requires a degree or its equivalent.
  • The nature of the job's tasks is specialized to the point that a bachelor's or higher degree is required in order to attain the skills and knowledge needed to perform that job.

In order for a foreign national to be eligible for a specialty occupation, he or she must meet one of the following conditions:

  • The individual completed a U.S. bachelor's or higher degree that is mandated by the occupation from an accredited university or college.
  • The individual has an unrestricted state certificate, license, or registration that authorizes him or her to work in that specialty occupation.
  • The individual has the training and/or experience to work in that specialty occupation.
  • The individual has a foreign degree that is the equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's or higher degree for the specialty occupation.

H-1B holders are commonly permitted to stay in the U.S. for a period of up to three years. In general, no H-1B visa recipient is permitted to stay in the United States for more than six years.

H-1B2 and H-1B3 Visas

Foreign citizens who are coming to the U.S. to work on projects that are administered by the Department of Defense may be eligible for H-1B2 visas. An individual may apply for an H-1B2 visa if he or she works in a specialty occupation that requires a bachelor's or higher degree. The applicant must hold the required degree. In addition, the applicant must intend to work on a research or development project that is provided for by an intergovernmental agreement managed by the U.S. Department of Defense.

Individuals who are distinguished fashion models can work in the U.S. by applying for an H-1B3 visa. To be eligible for an H-1B3 visa, the fashion model must be intending to work a job in the U.S. that requires the services of a prominent fashion model.

Dedicated Immigration Lawyers in DuPage County

If you are applying for an H-1B category visa, contact the immigration attorneys at Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC. Our attorneys provide their clients with exceptional legal services and representation. To schedule a consultation, call 630-LAWYERS or contact us online. We serve clients in Naperville, Oakbrook Terrace, DuPage County, and throughout Illinois.

American Immigration Lawyers Association Chicago Bar Association National Employment Lawyers Association Illinois State Bar Association
Back to Top