Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC

Call Us 630-LAWYERS | 630-529-9377

Se Habla Español

Eastern Europe Immigration Attorney

Chicago Eastern Europe Immigration Lawyer

People from all over the world seek to immigrate to the United States. They often do so to pursue employment or live near their family members. For people from countries in Eastern Europe, the United States can be a beacon of opportunity, and taking steps to secure entry and maintain a legal status can provide them with a brighter future.

At Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC, we have worked with immigrants from all over the world to ensure that they and their families can resettle in the United States. We often provide representation for people from Eastern European countries such as Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, and Serbia. With our understanding of the immigration laws that apply in these situations and our experience working with immigrants to submit the proper forms, documentation, and evidence, we can help ensure that all steps of the immigration process can be completed correctly.

Family-Based Visas for People From Eastern Europe

Many of the most common avenues for immigration to the United States involve sponsorship from a family member. In family-based immigration cases, U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents with valid Green Cards can provide sponsorship for certain family members, helping them receive immigrant visas that will allow them to enter the United States and live in the country permanently. There are several different types of family visas, including:

  • Immediate relative visas - U.S. citizens can provide sponsorship for their immediate family members. These include a person's spouse, children under 21 years old who are not married, and parents. This is often the ideal option for immigration, since there are no limits or quotas on these types of visas, and they will usually be available with no waiting periods.
  • Family preference visas - Lawful permanent residents of the United States will be able to sponsor immediate family members for these types of visas. U.S. citizens may also sponsor relatives that are not considered immediate family members, including children who are adults and/or married and brothers or sisters. Since there are a limited number of these visas available each year, they are issued based on an order of preference, and waiting periods will usually be required.
  • Fiancé visas - Foreign nationals who are planning to get married to U.S. citizens can receive visas that will allow them to come to the United States. A citizen can apply for this type of visa on behalf of their partner, and after the foreign fiancé enters the U.S., the couple will have 90 days to get married. Once the couple becomes legally married, the foreign spouse may receive authorization to live in the U.S. on a permanent basis.

Employment-Based Immigration for Eastern European Immigrants

People from Eastern Europe may also be able to receive permission to enter and live in the United States after being sponsored by an employer. While there are a number of options that may be available to different types of workers, those who have advanced degrees, high levels of education, or exceptional skills are more likely to be approved for employment-based visas. These visas may include:

  • H1-B visas - These are temporary, non-immigrant visas that are available to people in fields that require a college degree and specialized experience. These visas will allow immigrants to live in the U.S. for three years, and they can usually be extended for another three years.
  • EB-2 and EB-3 visas - Several different categories of immigrant visas will allow foreign workers to live in the United States as lawful permanent residents. EB-2 visas will require a college degree, professional licensing or certification, at least 10 years of work experience, and other evidence showing that a person has exceptional abilities. EB-3 visas may be available for professionals with college degrees, skilled workers with at least two years of experience in their field, and unskilled workers in occupations that require less than two years of experience.

Assistance With Other Immigration Issues

In addition to helping determine eligibility for visas and working with immigrants and sponsors to submit visa applications and supporting documentation, we can also work with people from Eastern Europe to apply for Green Cards or determine whether they are eligible for adjustment of status. We can also provide guidance on whether waivers of inadmissibility may be available if a person is not admissible to the United States due to criminal convictions, health issues, unlawful presence, or other reasons.

We can work with immigrants from countries throughout Eastern Europe, including Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Hungary, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Transnistria. We also provide services to people from former Soviet countries, including Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, and Ukraine.

Contact Our DuPage County Immigration Attorneys

At Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC, we understand the concerns and roadblocks that people from Eastern European countries often face when immigrating to the United States. Our experienced lawyers are here to provide skilled representation and guidance in matters related to visa applications, Green Cards, and more. We assist immigrants from all over Eastern Europe—from Albania to Ukraine. We encourage you to reach out to us and learn more about how we can help you. Contact us today and set up an initial consultation by calling 630-529-9377.

American Immigration Lawyers Association Chicago Bar Association National Employment Lawyers Association Illinois State Bar Association
Back to Top