Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC

Call Us 630-LAWYERS | 630-529-9377

Se Habla EspaƱol

Canadian Immigration Lawyer

Oakbrook Terrace Canadian immigration attorney

Attorneys Assisting Canadians Throughout the United States Immigration Process

As neighbors, the United States and Canada are closely linked, and people often travel from one country to the other for temporary visits. However, there are many situations where Canadian citizens may wish to stay in the United States for extended periods while working or even permanently relocate to the U.S. Canadian immigrants will need to meet certain requirements in order to maintain a lawful status in the United States. By working with an experienced immigration lawyer, they can determine the types of visas they may be eligible to receive and understand the procedures for obtaining a Green Card and eventually becoming a U.S. citizen.

At Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC, our attorneys understand the immigration process and the specific regulations that apply to Canadian immigrants. We can consult with you to gain an understanding of your situation and your plans for living and working in the United States. We will discuss the available immigration options and provide legal advice to ensure that you will be able to complete the immigration process successfully. With our years of experience in this field, we are well-versed in all aspects of immigration law, and we will ensure that you will be able to address any issues you may encounter as you seek to enter or remain in the U.S.

Options for Canadian Immigrants

Those who are seeking to remain in the U.S. on a temporary basis may qualify for different types of non-immigrant visas. These include work visas and fiancé/fiancée visas. Some of the most common types of employment-based visas available for Canadian citizens include H-1B visas for people in specialty occupations, as well as visas for temporary agricultural workers or seasonal workers. Temporary family-based visas include K-1 visas for Canadian citizens who are seeking to enter the United States in order to get married to a U.S. citizen.

Canadians who want to relocate to the U.S. permanently will need to determine whether they are eligible for a Green Card. A person may qualify for a family-based immigrant visa if they are sponsored by a family member in the United States. IR visas are available for immediate family members of U.S. citizens, including spouses, children, or parents. Family preference visas may be available for other relatives of U.S. citizens, as well as immediate family members of lawful permanent residents. However, a limited number of Family preference visas are available each year, and they are issued according to an order of preference.

Employment-based immigrant visas are also available for certain immigrants who receive sponsorship from a U.S. employer. Priority workers, including those with exceptional abilities in sports, science, or the arts, may qualify for EB-1 visas. EB-2 and EB-3 visas may allow professionals and skilled and unskilled workers to obtain Green Cards. Other types of EB visas may be available for broadcasters, religious workers, investors, and other types of employees.

Contact Our DuPage County Canadian Immigration Lawyers

The immigration process can be complicated, and it will require a person to complete extensive paperwork, submit multiple types of documentation, and follow specific procedures. Our attorneys are here to guide you through each step of the immigration process, and we can help ensure that all of the necessary forms are properly completed and filed while addressing any complications or issues that may arise. We have a deep understanding of immigration law, and we can provide you with legal advice to ensure that your immigration status is secure. Contact Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC today at 630-529-9377 to schedule an initial consultation with one of our experienced immigration attorneys.

American Immigration Lawyers Association Chicago Bar Association National Employment Lawyers Association Illinois State Bar Association
Back to Top